1. i want to buy this i hate running t-shirt to wear while i run. because let’s be honest, no one really loves to run all the time. (plus it would go well with my i hate running i love running headband)
2. i really love this nike soccer commercial. “strong alone, unstoppable together”. it definitely echos how i feel about training with a team (i just hope i’m strong enough alone).
3. i am sure most everyone has heard about american pharoah winning the triple crown for the first time in 37 years. crazy. exciting. unfortunately i was napping when it happened. anyway… i found this article comparing american pharoah (and other triple crown winners) to secretariat, the greatest racing horse and subject of a mediocre disney film.
4. i found this article 7 amazing things you gain when you don’t have a best friend in your 20s really interesting. when i moved to las vegas without knowing anyone, i had no local best friend. i didn’t have a go to “what are we doing tonight?” person, and it forced me out of my comfort zone, which eventually lead me to playing kickball. now i have so many amazing friends.
5. i realized this morning: i like peanut butter, and i like cookies, but i do not like peanut butter cookies.
6. i made a variation of this shrimp pad thai last weekend (unfortunately target does not carry pad thai noodles so i had to use thin angel hair). it was delicious! i will most likely be making it again, if i don’t make these pad thai spring rolls instead.
7. this sunday is the last new episode of game of thrones for a very very long time (ok well like a year, but still). i feel like i have been taking for granted how amazing it is to have a new episode every week. without discussing last sunday’s episode (all i will say is i liked the previous episode more), i will suggest watching this video of different people doing jon snow impressions for jon snow. they’re all really good!
8. this week, i officially shared this blog with my friends (via facebook). before that point, there was only a handful of friends that knew this existed (plus my parents). thank you to everyone who liked it on facebook/is reading it now, you have no idea how much i appreciate your support. and i sure hope i write interesting things. if you stop reading, i won’t be offended.
(9. why is it that i look to pinterest to find quotes?)
“the only way to get better is to surround yourself with people who believe in you.” – pinterest