i am so happy today is friday. it’s just been one of those weeks.
1. i heard of the “mystery show” podcast from the wait wait don’t tell me podcast. it is currently the #3 podcast on the “top charts” on the iphone podcast app, so apparently i’m not the only one listening. if you have 51 minutes, you should check out the belt buckle episode. it made me smile.
2. when i catch up on the episodes of “mystery show”, i’m going to find another audio book. thank you self.com for this list.
3. i should mention that i was listening to the audio book of “looking for alaska” by john green (the author of “the fault in our stars”) and stopped halfway through. i would not recommend it.
4. i like this chart of birthday greetings. my rule: if you have someone’s phone number, text them to wish them happy birthday (instead of posting on facebook). if you have their address, send them a card.
5. i miss arrested development. sometimes i need to read quotes and remember how amazing it was. “but where did the lighter fluid come from…?”
6. “a massage, a long bath and quiet time are necessities, not luxuries” and other secrets to adulthood.
7. a seven step guide to heartbreak, hopefully i’ll never need to read this again.
8. i am thankful that project runway is keeping the reality tv episode format. every episode, there’s a challenge, a winner, and a loser. shows like the bachelor franchise (the bachelor, the bachelorette, and bachelor in paradise) and america’s next top model (also known as “antm”) have completely messed everything up, where there’s no format to the episodes. sometimes the shows start with the elimination. sometimes there’s no elimination in the entire episode. unfortunately, i continue to watch.