1. i am incredibly sad that the wild are out of the nhl stanley cup playoffs (especially because i ordered a shirt for the playoffs and it arrived the day after they were eliminated). but i do love that it’s the ducks/hawks in the western conference finals, just like in the first movie of the mighty ducks. (and fun fact: i am from the town that the evil hawks in “the mighty ducks” are from)
2. game of thrones: i am still forming an opinion of stannis but i really love that he corrects people’s grammar under his breath.
3. amy schumer. am i right? my favorite is definitely “girl you don’t need makeup” (mostly because makeup is a common topic between me and my mom). but i also found this ellen degeneres clip of her and i thinks she’s hilarious.
4. i don’t know if it’s because i am loving “veep” or am just feeling nostaligic, but i love this article of 21 “seinfeld” quotes guaranteed to make you laugh every time and this clip of “the outing”.
5. one of the things i miss most about las vegas (besides all of my friends) is due forni. my friend ashley and i would frequent this restaurant for the mozzarella bar (creamy mozzarella with pizza crust and roasted tomatoes) and the tartufo pizza (black truffle, parmesan and fontina, egg, no mushrooms). while i have yet to find a substitute, i did try 800 degrees pizza for the first time last night. the pizza was good (no tartufo though), but they have a substitute for the mozzarella bar! it’s burrata cheese, with a piece of bread and tomatoes (and pesto). i was very excited.
6. summer is coming. once i kick this cold/allergies/bleh-ness i plan on marathon training again (for the twin cities marathon, oct 4). i am antsy. i can’t wait.
7. once a month, my friend molly and i get pedicures. this sounds like a normal thing for two twenty-something girls, but neither of us had gotten more than a few pedicures in our whole life before starting this ritual. it is such a wonderful way to wind down from a busy week and catch up with a good friend. i love it.
8. speaking of pedicures, now through may 21, TOMs shoes is donating a pair of shoes for every picture of bare feet with the hashtag #withoutshoes.
9. i am the furthest thing from an nba fan (that’s what years of living in a state with the timberwolves will do to you), but i cannot believe the clippers right now. 1. i can’t believe how well they’re doing (when i was in college, they couldn’t pay you to go to a game. there was a promo at LA live for “buy a movie ticket, get a clippers ticket free”) 2. i can’t believe how much they choked last night. i went to bed when there was 10 min left and they had a huge lead. i woke up to find out they lost. c’mon guys.
10. i think i may attempt to make these bittersweet brownies with salted peanut butter frosting this weekend. yum x 100.
oh, how i regret not having worn a bikini for the entire year i was twenty-six. if anyone young is reading this, go, right this minute, put on a bikini, and don’t take it off until you’re thirty-four.”— nora ephron, i feel bad about my neck