1. i had a four day work week two weeks ago and a three day work week last week. it’s crazy. i love my vacations/time off (even though i seem to be on my work phone/computer most of the time i am supposed to be relaxing) but i am also ready for life to get back to “normal”.
2. this business card holder is amazing.
3. my biggest guilty pleasure, reading wise, is any book by sophia kinsella. i loved i’ve got your number, wedding night: a novel, twenties girl: a novel, can you keep a secret?, remember me?, and the undomestic goddess (wow, i have never listed those out before. i must be quite a fan.) her newest book, finding audrey, comes out june 9th, and i’ve already pre-ordered it. i can’t wait.
4. i was craving pizza last tuesday night but couldn’t convince myself to go with the delicious (and unhealthy) kind. instead, i remembered this cauliflower crust pizza and decided to be… creative. trader joe’s didn’t have any plain cauliflower but they did have a broccoli/cauliflower mix. i ground up the broccoli and cauliflower and followed the recipe pretty closely. it was pretty delicious. (though next time i may be tempted to try this crust recipe instead.)
5. this clip from the office makes me laugh every time.
6. june 3rd (this wednesday) is national running day. my favorite running shop is having an event, but i am also excited for $20 on any rock ‘n’ roll race at www.whyrunningrocks.com. sweet! i plan on using the discount to sign up for the los angeles half on october 25th.
7. i recently traveled to phoenix, az, and san fransisco, ca, and will be posting pictures from the trips soon (and my crazy travel adventure to san fransisco).
8. chocolate. caramel. s’mores. perfection. i want to make these.
9. i am currently hooked on the show “white collar”. i have made it to season 3 (thanks to netflix), and have been neglecting “orphan black” and my favorite hbo shows.
and most importantly…
10. today marks 18 weeks (or 125 days) until the twin cities marathon. i will be posting a “marathon monday” (as i did for the los angeles marathon) starting next week with updates on the previous week’s training. last time i had a running group to train with, this time i am trying it alone.
“with self discipline, most anything is possible.”