1. the boston marathon was this morning. boy, would i love to qualify for that someday. for the next seven years, my qualifying time is 3:35. now, i just ran a half marathon in 1:59 (which would equate to a 4:00 marathon). so i would need to cut my half marathon time down by 12% and then be able to maintain that speed for twice the distance. that’s possible right? a 3:35 marathon means an 8:12/mile pace. that’s not too scary. eh, it’s a good goal to have.
3. i am so inspired by tatyana mcfadden’s story. and her arms. boy, talk about upper body strength.
ok enough about running
5. my friends jimmy and sparky are not only helping me train for running races, but they’re also improving my gif game. see above.
6. chunky. olive. hummus. if you shop at trader joes and like olives and pita chips, you need to try this. oh my, it is so good. combined with the reduced guilt pita chips? delicious. i could eat an entire container in one sitting. i won’t, but i could.
7. speaking of food, i made my version of boiling crab’s shrimp and sausage last night, and it wasn’t terrible. i boiled the pre-cooked shrimp and chicken andouille sausage in water, drained it and put it on rice, then poured a garlic/butter/spice sauce on top. to minimize the spiciness, i squeezed some lime juice to finish it off. and tada! it tasted a lot like boiling crab. i was very happy with my creation.
8. “orphan black” came back last week. “game of thrones”, “veep”, and “silicon valley” come back this sunday. i need to finish rewatching “happy endings” to make room for all of these shows coming back.
9. i recently binged “hart of dixie”. it was so bad. and it ended with a musical number. i do not recommend it.
10. the minnesota wild are currently losing by two games in the first round of the stanley cup playoffs. c’mon guys.