1. honey lattes are amazing.
2. father’s day was yesterday. my dad told me months ago what he wanted for father’s day: for me to take golf lessons. urgh, i hate golf. but it’s what my dad wants, even if i go kicking and screaming. i mean,without him i wouldn’t have inherited the ability to tell (and appreciate) really wonderful (or corny) jokes.
3. happy summer! this is my new work computer background.
4. toms on sale at nordstrom rack.
5. i saw “inside out” on saturday. i told my friend about the movie and he said
i hadn’t heard of inside out, so i googled it
“riley (kaitlyn dias) is a happy, hockey-loving 11-year-old midwestern girl”
i guess the movie is a bit similar to my life. minnesotan hockey playing girl moves to california (but san francisco instead of los angeles). i thought the movie was ok, i was hoping to see inside other people’s heads (instead of just riley’s) like this trailer.
6. i am finally watching season three of “orange is the new black” (while i wait to figure out a way to watch season six of “white collar”).
7. i love admiring this sweatshirt.
8. i am loving one of the new food trends: poke shops. there are a couple in my neighborhood; i have been to spinfish a couple times and can’t wait to try pokemix. they’re basically like chipotle but for raw fish. At spinfish you pick out the type of fish (i pick tuna), sauces (creamy sriracha), toppings (crispy onion, cucumber), and then base (salad and noodles). delicious.
9. this weekend, the pasadena chalk festival was right in my (metaphorical) back yard. i was there at the start up saturday morning (on a run), in full swing saturday afternoon (to see a movie) and winding down sunday night (on another run). every time i was there, there were tons of spectators admiring the amazing artwork. i also couldn’t help to think how this type of event could never be planned in a place like minnesota where it could rain any second.
blogging is still a new thing for me. if it weren’t for my friend lauren setting an amazing blogging example, i probably wouldn’t have started this site. i also leaned on her as a resource when setting up my blog.
lauren recently nominated me for the “versatile blog award” (thank you lauren!). “the versatile blogger award is for the blogs that bring something special to your life. in picking your nominees, you are to consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page.” lauren posted 10 questions for me to answer. after i answer them, i’m supposed to nominate friends for the award and ask them 10 questions. unfortunately, besides lauren, i don’t know any other bloggers that read this blog. it’s still new, and i’m a wimp at sharing it.
- the weirdest food you’ve ever tried?
bone marrow. i couldn’t stomach it (especially because i had to scoop it out of the bone).
- the longest you’ve ever gone without sleep and why?
i think the longest i went without sleep was at the end of my first semester senior year at usc. in the last week of classes, i was finishing a lab for a very difficult electrical engineering class and filming this commercial for espn. i am pretty sure i didn’t sleep for three days straight (and consequently got mono).
- the most beautiful place you’ve ever been?
there are a lot of beautiful places that come to mind: the dessert counter at bottega louie, the “backyard” at versailles, standing in front of the bellagio fountains in las vegas, the view of the night sky from madeline island. i can’t seem to pick just one.
- the most dangerous thing you’ve ever done?
i don’t know if i would call this “dangerous” (it’s the only thing i could think of), but moving to a new city (las vegas) when i didn’t know anyone was pretty terrifying. it forced me out of my comfort zone and in retrospect i am so happy i did it and survived (not only did i survive, i also met great friends) but i was uncomfortable and scared at times too.
- the worst hair mistake you ever made?
i am still debating if getting bangs a couple months ago was my worst hair mistake. i absolutely love my bangs most of the time, but sometimes i miss not having to use bobby pins every day.
- if you could go to any famous event, what would it be?
i would go to a stanley cup final game, ideally with the wild playing (and winning).
- if you had 30 seconds to decide on your next vacation, where would you go?
i would probably fly home to minnesota. i only fly home once a year and i miss so much about that state (especially the food i grew up eating, both my favorite restaurants and my father’s cooking).
- your style muse is…?
i don’t really have a style muse. if i’m not in sweats, i’m happiest in jeans and a t-shirt.
- salty or sweet, and your favorite snack?
both! chocolate covered pretzels are the perfect combination of salty and sweet, and they’re delicious. otherwise, salty: homemade chex mix, sweet: puppy chow. (there seems to be a chex cereal trend, i swear they didn’t pay me to say this)
- what is something that people might be surprised to learn about you?
i was an incredibly picky eater until i was about 20 years old. as i child, i wouldn’t eat chicken, peanut butter, mayo, and a lot more things. it still surprises my parents to hear how much i love certain foods, because i was opposed to eating them for so long.
this was fun, thank you lauren!