1. a week from today, i will be flying home. i. can’t. wait. i have already started packing, and mapping out my itinerary (mostly friend reunions and meals).
2. why is it that everything advertised as “healthy” seems to have coconut (or coconut oil) in it? i know this is an exaggeration, but so many recipes i find have shaved coconut or use coconut oil. what a waste.
3. i don’t know how stumbled upon this, but williams sonoma is currently selling mlb licensed cakes. so i could buy a minnesota twins cake. all i can think is what would be the occasion to 1. buy a cake online and 2. put a baseball team logo on it?
4. this article about keila merino is amazing. i had to read the opening paragraphs a few times for it to sink in.
“The seventh time she ran the Boston Marathon, Keila Merino woke up early before the race and joined a few other runners at 5 a.m. at the finish line on Boylston Street. The group hooked a right on Hereford, a left on Commonwealth, and continued for the next 25-plus miles, finishing at the starting line. Then Ms. Merino turned around and ran the official race, finishing it in 3 hours 24 minutes.”
5. i hung (put up?) a shelf last night for the first time, all by myself. i am still incredibly proud, even though i hit my head on it this morning. oh well.
6. i finished “a girl on the train”. i honestly didn’t really like it, i found it hard to relate with the main characters, but i was hooked at the end.
7. the minnesota wild (and every other nhl team) released their schedules for the 2015-2016 seasons today. i am very excited to announce that the wild are coming out to LA twice this year, in october and in january.
8. also gaborik just posted this picture as a “throw back thursday” of him in his wild jersey. love it.
9. i ran 12 miles tonight! it’s my longest mid-week run, ever. due to lots of kickball commitments this weekend, i had to do my long marathon training run tonight. at times i felt like this, but my friend/teammate kept me moving forward.
10. i am trying to take/post more pictures. the weather/course/sunset/company was pretty perfect tonight.