1. yesterday was national running day. i went out for a run that was cut short by an errand and a phone call. oh well. did you see this story about the 92 year old woman who finished the san diego rock ‘n’ roll marathon this weekend? amazing. i still think running is the most humbling thing i have ever done.
2. has it been long enough to discuss this sunday’s episode of game of thrones? yes? ok good. wow. i found this column called “asked the maester” where a game of thrones expert answers a lot of questions i had (like about the wights/whitewalkers, valerian steel, etc). also can we ponder how confusing it is to have the “wights” (pronounced “whites”) and the “whitewalkers”? i am very sad that there are only two episodes left.
3. also i really love this “sorry ladies, i’m in the night’s watch” t-shirt.
4. i am trying to make better choices, food wise, to prep my body for marathon training. i haven’t put any creamer in my coffee this week. i have been drinking a minimal amount of pop. and this morning, i walked right past a box of krispy kreme donuts. well i didn’t walk past exactly, i had to open to see if any were still inside (and there were donuts inside. and they were the best ones too, the regular glazed). but i didn’t take one. yet. let’s hope my self restraint lasts.
5. this week i am munching on cowboy bark from trader joe’s as my post-lunch chocolate fix. it is quite delicious.
6. i am a lululemon addict. for national running day yesterday, i wore this t-shirt from lululemon that has “i run for me” sewn under the bottom of the shirt.
7. avocado toast. i know, i am incredibly late to the game on this one. but wow, it’s delicious! i toast the bread, scoop out the avocado and mash it in a bowl, put it on the toast, and top it with sea salt and honey. as long as avodados are in season, i think it will be my after-work pre-run pre-dinner snack.
8. i put my entire running schedule into my calendar, and now october doesn’t seem so far away.
9. i am trying “audible” through amazon right now (30 days, 2 free books) and i am trying to listen to the books while i run. the first book i picked was yes, please by amy poehler. so far, i love it. she also has guest voices on the audio version (i have already heard kathleen turner and carol burnett). i leave you with my favorite quote from the book so far.
i know enough now to know i know nothing.