1. i fly home for the marathon tomorrow!!! and according to google, the weather will be perfect. highs in the low 60s, lows in the high 40s. it’s the fall i love and miss terribly out in LA (where it is currently 93 degrees).
2. these shoes are perfect for fall.
3. this article about the ingredients in cool ranch doritos is interesting, but it also makes me want to eat cool ranch doritos.
4. i ordered this phone case from rifle paper co. and had it delivered to my home in minnesota (so it would arrive with my new phone). i forgot that i opted to have it gift wrapped (sometimes i like to gift wrap things i order, it’s more fun to open). my mom texted me that it arrived and asked if she should i open it. i replied that i didn’t care (it’s only a phone case). she replied, “”this order is a gift”. it’s wrapped with a card. from you. to you.”
5. i recently met people who had never seen celebrity jeopardy from saturday night live. (their reply was that they go on dates on saturday nights instead of watching tv. ouch.)
6. i currently have this nike ad on repeat. and i’ll probably watch it right before this weekend’s marathon.
7. my dreams were crushed a little today. not everyone who hit their bq (boston qualifier time) got in to the 2016 boston marathon. so now the ridiculous standard isn’t even good enough.
8. i have been fighting a head cold over the last week, and my mom sent me this article about sleep for fighting a cold.
9. i usually run in 70-90 degree weather. this weekend i’ll be running in 40-60 degree weather. i used this website to help figure out what i should wear.
10. i also used this brooks pre-race checklist.
11. these mantras will be useful on sunday morning.
12. or maybe a pep talk before the race.
13. and i will probably be walking like this on sunday afternoon.
14. i train with a camelbak. it’s great for 15+ mile runs and the pockets hold my phone, keys, and energy chews. the twin cities marathon “discourages” camelbaks from the race. i’m trying to decide what to do. i’m leaning toward using it, i am not discounting the fact that they’ll have water, but i like knowing i always have water, and i really really like those pockets.
15. on monday it was announced that a group will be hosting a rally before the finish line of the marathon. considering my (lack of) speed, i am guessing whatever happens will be done by the time i get to the finish line, but it could make for a very interesting race.